Walmart marketplace seller central account setup
The paradigm for shopping has shifted from conventional brick-and-mortar stores to online ones in the last few years. When shopping online, there are too many options to choose from. E-commerce platforms like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and Walmart are most notable in today's market. Having been around for so long, we've all encountered these names at some point.
Walmart marketplace is known as one of the best online shopping platforms. You can ace this marketplace if you are familiar with Walmart management tips. Following is the correct definition of the Walmart marketplace.
What is the Walmart marketplace?
As soon as you hear Walmart's name, you think of hypermarkets and department stores. Walmart Marketplace enables consumers to purchase products listed by third parties through an online shopping platform. The seller must list their effects on the website similar to what you see on Amazon or eBay. They can quickly record their product on the first page with the proper Walmart account management. A seller is charged by the category under which the product falls. Additionally, a referral fee will be charged to you for each product you sell to Walmart.
Walmart's criteria for accepting sellers
Walmart's supreme focus is to provide top-quality customer service to its customers. For those considering applying to the Walmart Marketplace, be aware that this is one of the very first things Walmart looks for in a potential seller. The criteria go beyond just this.
Amazon Marketplace sellers must meet the following requirements:
- You must have experience and success selling online.
- You must demonstrate exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
- You must offer competitive pricing and efficient fulfilment methods to deliver your products quickly.
- Moreover, your company needs to be registered in the US, and your warehouses and related facilities need to be located in the US.
- There must be a wide selection of products available for sale.
Setting up your Walmart central seller account
- Visit the Walmart Marketplace
- In the top right corner of the screen, click "Request to sell.".
- We will now redirect you to a page that contains more information, requirements, and required documents for the Walmart marketplace community. You will find the "Start Application" button in the middle of the page. Scroll down until you find it.
- On the "Company Registration" page, you will find your company information. All required information should be filled in, and the documents must be entered into their respective fields.
If you are a seller from a foreign country, this page will provide you with all your options. Attach all the necessary forms with your company's legal name and address, EIN, domain name, and tax identification number. Your company's offices and warehouses in countries outside of the United States are a mandatory question, and you must answer it honestly.
- When you have finished entering all the information, click the "Next" button.
- Your browser will redirect you to the "Product and Integration" page. Your first step will be to choose whether or not you'll be importing goods from another foreign country and what categories of products you'll be selling.
- Continue to the next section of the page and fill out the remaining information. You will be asked for information such as your average monthly revenue online, your best-performing category, the size of your product catalogue, and other information regarding your SKUs.
- If you sell on any other online marketplace, please fill out the section on whether you sell there and the integration method that you select. After completing the form, click "Next".
- The page "Shipping and Operations" is now open for you. Choose a shipping method and provide the warehouse with the address.
- Towards the end of this page, answer the "Why would you make a good candidate for Walmart Marketplace?". If you want Walmart to know what your products are, be sure to mention how you are different from other sellers.
- Ensure that everything you have provided is accurate, and look at "Review" to make sure nothing is amiss.
- Click "Submit Form" once you have reviewed it. Your application will be reviewed, and you will receive a message thanking you for your application.
Do Walmart's approval processes take a long time?
Your application will be reviewed and approved by their team once you have submitted it, and then Walmart will contact you. This process can take anywhere between 2 and 4 weeks. If Walmart needs additional information related to your application, they may contact you during this time.
You may hear from them again to find out if your application has been approved or if they do not need any more details. At that point, you will be able to open an account with Walmart.
After registering on the Walmart marketplace, what are the next steps?
- Click "Register as seller" on the email. You will be redirected to the first page of the Seller Center registration process, which will be "Account Creation".
- You will need your email address or username provided earlier in the application.
- Here, you can select some security questions and answers of your choice. Your account must be protected against hacking and mishaps.
- Click on "Create an account".
- Your browser will redirect you to the "Agreement" page. It is your responsibility to read and accept their terms and conditions, as well as their Retailer Agreement.
- The next step is to enter information about your business managers, including their email addresses, on the "Company Registration" page. Those responsible for the different operations and departments in your company, such as finance, customer service, and so on.
- The next step is to work on taxes (W-9). You will need to provide more information about taxes here.
- On the "Payment Info" page, you can choose between Payoneer and Hyperwallet as your payment method. Click on "Activate" after following the instructions they send you via email to register. Enter your activation code and click "Continue" to continue. You will then be prompted to click "Continue to Next Step".
Upon completing the previous steps, you will be taken to the last step, "Shipping Information". This step will require you to create your shipping template.
- Fill out all the information related to delivery times, handling times, etc. Describe how long it will take to process and deliver an order placed. As well as deciding the shipping options, you can also choose the shipping charges.
Almost all the Walmart seller account approval process has been completed at this point.
If you're a seller who has been wanting to join the Walmart Marketplace but has apprehensions about it, the points mentioned above in this article will surely help you to set up a Walmart account. Creating an account and navigating the application process are both simple.
Reach out to us at Urtasker if you are looking for hire services for Walmart account management. Our dedicated team of professionals are always available for your guidance.